Abbott Elementary School star Janelle James to host new game show The final straw according Deadline.
What is happening:
- Janelle James, one of the stars of ABCescape comedy, Abbott Elementary Schoolwill host the game show The final strawwhich saw NFL legend Peyton Manning become one of the executive producers.
- Last month, the network announced that this show would air starting July 10.
- The show consists of four teams of competitors who compete against each other to battle large tilting towers.
- Each of the three-size themed towers is packed with items ranging from basketballs to small kitchen appliances.
- Participants must remove items from stock without spilling them, and if they do so successfully, they win prizes.
- If your tower falls, your team is eliminated and the last team standing will face The Mega Stack. This is a physics battle where the odds are right against them in hopes of winning life-changing prizes.
What they say :
- “The Final Straw is a fresh and exciting format that you really haven’t seen anywhere else. It’s a simple concept with great visuals that’s sure to keep audiences hooked and families entertained all summer long. “Said Rob Mills, EVP, Unscripted and Alternative Entertainment, Walt Disney Television. “With Janelle’s comedic timing and Peyton’s knack for competition, we have the perfect duo to kick off ABC’s new unscripted series. “
- “I’m thrilled to be part of a show that’s as silly and fun as I am,” James said. “I look forward to this opportunity to expand my relationship with ABC with my second comedy project on the network.”
- “In my 18 seasons in the NFL, I’ve learned that there’s no better formula for success than a strategic plan and good teamwork,” said Peyton Manning. “Both will be needed in The Final Straw as teams across America run their playbook to keep their towers standing.”